1. The Video Privacy Protection Act of 1988
NP adheres to The Video Privacy Protection Act of 1988.
2. What personal information does Nordisk Panorama collect?
When registering online with NP you will be asked to provide certain personal information, such as your name, email address, password, date of birth, gender, and other information required to provide you with the requested Services. Personal information that we collect from you will only be used for the purposes of providing the requested Services and will not be shared with any third parties except to the extent as set out below. NP retains the right to contact you in relation to the Services provided on this Site.
3. How is my personal information used by Nordisk Panorama?
NP will use your personal information to identify you as a user, to set up and administer your account, to take, process and deliver your orders for Services provided on this Site, to provide you with effective customer service and/or technical support, to provide you with information about other products, services, offers, competitions and promotions (assuming you have consented to receive such information as described in the “Opt-In” section of this Privacy Statement), and for other purposes that NP notifies you about. We do not collect or keep your personal information unless it is necessary for the above purposes(s) or required by law. NP will not retain your information for any longer than is necessary for these purposes or as required by law.
4. What about cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are sent to or accessed from your web browser or your device’s memory. A cookie typically contains the name of the domain (internet location) from which the cookie originated, the “lifetime” of the cookie (i.e., when it expires) and a randomly generated unique number or similar identifier. A cookie also may contain information about your device, such as user settings, browsing history and activities conducted while using our services. We use functional cookies to make our website work properly and give you the best experience. We also use statistical cookies to gather data for our website. As a non-profit organisation, these statistics may be helpful in our funding process.
5. Does Nordisk Panorama share the information it receives?
6. Protection of Nordisk Panorama and Others
7. Can I access my personal information?
In compliance with the GDPR, every data subject has a number of rights in relation to the information we hold about you:
• Your right of access: If you ask us, we’ll confirm whether we’re processing your personal information and, subject to any applicable exemptions, provide you with a copy of that personal information (along with certain other details) within the timescales or extended timescales provided for by the law for complex requests, or where applicable, provide you with an explanation as to why we will not be complying with your request. If you require additional copies, we may need to charge a reasonable fee.
• Your right to rectification: If the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete, you’re entitled to have it rectified. If you are entitled to rectification and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the rectification where possible and where this would not involve a disproportionate effort. If you ask us, where possible and lawful to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
• Your right to erasure: You can ask us to delete or remove your personal information in some circumstances such as where we no longer need it or if you withdraw your consent (where applicable because that was the legal basis on which we were processing your personal information). If you are entitled to erasure and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll take reasonable steps to inform those others where possible and where this would not involve a disproportionate effort. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
• Your right to restrict processing: You can ask us to ‘block’ or suppress the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances such as where you contest the accuracy of that personal information or you object to us. If you are entitled to restriction and if we’ve shared your personal information with others, we’ll let them know about the restriction where it is possible for us to do so. If you ask us, where it is possible and lawful for us to do so, we’ll also tell you who we’ve shared your personal information with so that you can contact them directly.
• Your right to data portability: You have the right, in certain circumstances, to obtain personal information you’ve provided us with (in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format) and to reuse it elsewhere or to ask us to transfer this to a third party of your choice.
• Your right to object: You can ask us to stop processing your personal information, and we will do so if we are:
• relying on our own or someone else’s legitimate interests to process your personal information except if we can demonstrate compelling legal grounds for the processing; or
• processing your personal information for direct marketing.
• Your rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling: You have the right not to be subject to a decision when it’s based on automatic processing, including profiling, if it produces a legal effect or similarly significantly affects you, unless such profiling is necessary for entering into, or the performance of, a contract between you and us.
• Your right to withdraw consent: If we rely on your consent (or explicit consent) as our legal basis for processing your personal information, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time.
• Your right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority: If you wish to contact us on any matter in relation to the processing of your personal information, please submit requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How is my personal information secured?
NP works to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input. NP complies with appropriate measures to industry standards to protect users’ personal data. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure and therefore NP cannot guarantee its absolute security. Our technology partner Shift72 also follows a number of strict measures to protect the security of your information. Here are some of their key security policies:
• User’s passwords are salted and hashed, following best practice from OWASP
• Users have access to their own data. Their data is not visible publicly or to other users.
• Admins have access to user data, including name, email, birthdate, gender, order history and viewing activity.
9. How can you access and modify your information?
You can access all your personally identifiable information that we collect online and maintain by visiting your Account Settings page. We use this procedure to better safeguard your information. You can correct factual errors in your personally identifiable information by sending us a request that credibly shows error. To protect your privacy and security, we will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting access or making corrections.
10. How to cancel your account?
Contact us at email@example.com if you wish to have your account permanently deleted.
11. Link to Third Party Sites
You should also be aware that when you link to another website from the Site, NP has no control over that other Site. Accordingly, NP cannot guarantee that the controller of that Site will respect your privacy in the same manner as NP.
12. Use of Third Party Services
NP uses Google Analytics to help us to understand how you use our site and tools, which allows us to know how to improve our products for your benefit. It follows your progress through the website, collecting anonymous data on where you have come from, which pages you visit, and how long you spend on the site. Google then stores this data in order to create reports. However, Google does not store your personal data. Google will track your IP address, and it may be transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States. Google may use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activity for us, and providing other services relating to website activity and Internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. By using this website, you consent to the processing of data about you by Google in the manner and for the purposes set out above. For more information on Google’s privacy policies, please visit https://policies.google.com/privacy. Google Analytics services are governed by the Google Analytics Terms of Service which can be found at https://marketingplatform.google.com/about/analytics/terms/us/.
Amazon Web Services
13. Access by children
If you are aged 18 or younger, you must have your parent’s/guardian’s permission before submitting your personal information to this Site. If you don’t have your parent’s/guardian’s consent, you should not submit any personal information to this Site.
14. Notices and Revisions